Friday 23 July 2010

...check!

I am embarking on something a little more 'spiritual' than The Vernacular Curate. In that blog, I approach my writing from a host of angles, so you will get all the shades of my mind. 

For some time, I have pondered the benefits of writing a sort of 'spiritual direction' thing, something for which I am wholly unqualified, but for which I still feel strongly about doing. This may fizzle and die as quickly as it starts, but then again, perhaps it is not wholly my idea!

I have chosen the title in accord with my own spiritual outlook - and if you don't know me, you will know that I am passionate about flying, flight and all things associated. I use the whole world of flight (writing as a paraglider pilot) to outline my own models of prayer, and my descriptions are loaded with analogies that largey involve this most noble of passtimes.

Another reason that I have embarked on this journey is that being The Vernacular Curate is fine, up to a point, but doesn't fully tick all the boxes. I love that blog and the expression it gives me, but I pray that this might afford me a different dimension. My head is full to overflowing!

So, in the words that we use on hillsides before we 'lob off' into the air ahead of us:

Helmet: check!
Harness: check!
Takeoff: clear!

Go, go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment